Pages

17.4.12

Sketchbook: Red-shouldered Hawk Territory

Vickie Henderson has published a most remarkable sketchbook of her sketches and journal pages of the red-shouldered hawk through its nesting season.




I first encountered Vickie Henderson on Cathy Johnson's Sketching in Nature blog, and have followed Vickie's blog and sketchbook ever since.



I hesitated buying the sketchbook, but then I decided it was a must have for personal reasons: I love hawks, all species, and I wanted to see Vickie's work on paper and not on the computer screen.  It was a wise decision.  The book is beautifully done--both the sketches and the printing itself.




Check Vickie's work and you'll be impressed not only with her skill but the number of bird species she spies in her native Tennessee.

No comments:

Post a Comment