Pages

17.1.14

Giving birth to a watercolor palette

I have been hemming, hawing, fiddling, testing, comparing the primary colours and earths to find what I'd like for a small 8-colour palette.  For some reason, eight seems more of a challenge than twelve.

Maria Coryell-Martin of Expeditionary Art introduced larger pans in her shop, part or separate from her art kit.  I knew that they would be nice to work with, especially outdoors, so I added 6 to my smaller pan set.


I finally decided upon: Hansa Yellow Medium, Ultramarine Blue (Daniel Smith (the Smith broke apart and crumbled--replaced with Grumbacher); Cadmium Yellow, Scarlett Lake, Permanent Rose, Cerulean Blue, Quinacridone Gold (Winsor Newton) and Burnt Sienna (Grumbacher).

Now let's see what I can do with her.




No comments:

Post a Comment