Pages

2.3.12

Politics: Senator Snowe explains her decision not to run again

I only lived in Maine for short periods of time, but it was one of few places I considered for retirement, in particular Belfast, among my favourite holiday spots.

Belfast, ME 1920

Belfast, ME harbour at night, via Freefotos.com

With that in mind, and as a former, long time New England resident, I follow what happens throughout the region. 

So naturally I paid attention to Senator Snowe's decision not to run for the Senate again.  Here in her own words she explains her decision.



Senator Olympia Snowe, although a boomer, apparently holds the same values of those Republicans I came to know and work with in the 60s in New York and in the 90s in New England.

Those values appear to be gone and replaced by something I don't understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment