Pages

23.7.08

Now it's time to write

With a new assignment from our newspaper's magazine editor, it is now time to write with all these wonderful fountain pens and stop admiring them.

I have three assignments, one for the local newspaper, a second to develop a follow up story on dairy farms which I'd like to pitch to a pre-selected environmental journal.

I called one of our local, and wonderful photograpers and he has agreed to work up the article with me, and in fact had some terrific ideas about its focus. So, camera and notebook in my pocket and fountain pen(s) in hand, I hope to work with MdG in August.

I have two or perhaps three farmers who seem agreeable--a lucky break. I will also probably bring in some of my other contacts like N and Z to sort through some of the earlier issues that came up in my barn story, and seek out some more technical and statistical information from the Wayne County and Penn State folks.

My third and most challenging assignment is to review all my previously written stories and poems on L's old Macintosh computer, and see how they read more than 10 years later. It appears she has one printer ribbon, and after checking the net I see that replacement cartridges are still available.

One of the stories, in three or more drafts, I have hard-copies of, and I hope to finalise this story and submit it to an appropriate literary journal.

This story was written when I worked in Boston and participated in a Wrting Workship at the Women's Theological Center. It received praise from the group, but instead of finalising it and sending it out, I allowed it to languish in a purple folder.

It's time to move!

No comments:

Post a Comment