Pages

5.2.09

What I am working on 2: Play it Coles Way


When Biffybeans reviewed the Fabriano Venezia sketchbook, I realized I owned one in 9 x 12"/23 x30 cm. These case bound sketchbooks come in three sizes with 48 pages: 200 gsm, wood free, surface sized, acid free.

My friend Lyn gave me this sketchbook to use when we attended Juliana Coles workshop, "Extreme Visual Journaling" in March or April 2006 at Frenzy Stamper in Scottsdale.

Last week I decided as I had only used less than half of the pages to give it some attention and see what I could create.

This is going to be a challenge as the work in the sketchbook is Juliana style and our styles are as at odds as Felix and Oscar of the famous story of the Odd Couple.

Juliana splashes; I ponder.

Segment of one of my attempts at Juliana's Splash approach

During the workshop Juliana teased and taunted me into a spontaneous and rather lavish approach to playing rather than working in a journal. Alone with no Ms. Coles to prod me into just "doing it" I've only made moderate head-way and did some background painting.

Perhaps a feather will fall or a moonbeam strike so that I can do more than ponder.

No comments:

Post a Comment