Pages

18.12.08

Biffybean on a Roll: Fabriano Venezia Sketchbook

With so many journals, and dozens of sketchbooks, it registered but in the farthest recesses of my mind that I have one of these Fabriano Venezia sketchbooks.*

Perhaps I forgot because I didn't buy it. The sketchbook was given to me by a good friend when we did a workshop with Juliana Coles in 2006 at Frenzy Stamper in Arizona.

Here's a peek at some artwork and a review from the Lynne Perrella book "Artists Journals & Sketchbooks, Exploring and Creating Personal Pages in which Juliana Coles' work appears. Juliana also had some work in Jan Bode Smiley's book on The Art of Fabric Books in which I have a piece on page 100 from my "Failure is Impossible" book.

Juliana is best known for her "extreme visual journaling" works and I think it was one of these workshops I attended.

Now that Biffybeans has reviewed this sketchbook I see it is not 15 feet away and just waiting for more journaling. I'll now have to try a fountain pen amidst all that gesso, acrylic and extreme visual journaling.

* New York Central, the land of paper is a place to buy these!

2 comments: