Pages

18.12.08

Card of the Day: Queen of Coins (Pentacles)

You'd think with the Queen of Coins as the Card of the Day, I'd have nothing but luck but as it turned out I went out to the car, parked haphazardly on the lawn two days earlier to discover for the 2nd time in a week that he wouldn't start.

This time no doors had been left open; no lights had been left on overnight. No sign or symptom of why all the interior lights worked but the engine refused to turn over.

A visit from M, a call to AAA and the arrival of Joe R from Callicoon got the car revving but only until I got to Joe's shop. He had hoped that if he put the battery on the recharger for an hour or so it would revive. He was convinced that nothing else but the battery was in need of help.

Nearly an hour and a half or more later, we discovered the battery wouldn't take a charge. A new battery, total darkness, no food in the house, too late to get to Honesdale for the errands that I had on my mandatory list for today and the Bean Family arriving in less than 6 days.

Trouble in Galilee, I'd say, trouble with time, trouble with meeting deadlines. We have a storm coming either tonight or tomorrow, 10 inches of snow predicted.

Oh, dear, what can a person do with inclement weather, distances and Christmas just around the corner.

I am frustrated with this car. He's seen two countries, 25 States and has been loyal, but he is getting really old even for a Nissan, with 175,000 miles.

So, while I was waiting for Joe to charge the battery, I found a possible replacemnt. It is probably twice as much as I can afford, but Joe said he'd lend me the car for a couple of days to try her out--it is definitely a girl.




Image: Jacques Vieville.

No comments:

Post a Comment