Pages

12.12.08

Storm turns New England dark

When I learned my ride from Monticello home wasn't going to come through I had to figure out a back-up plan. Fortunately, I have two neighbours who are also friends--both agreed to get me but one said, "don't postpone coming because the later it gets, the worse it will be on the roads."

So my day was done and I caught the 2.30pm bus to Monticello. The driver was extremely able and even with rain that came down like sleet he got us into the station at 4.20pm.

But imagine my surprise that all we had was rain.

Now it appears to the North of me, and much of New England was hit much harder and are without electricity.

This is not uncommon here, and I always have candles and flashlights in easily accessible corners.

Then this morning we got snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment