Pages

12.11.08

And then there is Lieberman

I caught this cartoon on C&L and had to write a wee bit about my personal feelings about the Senator from Connecticut.

Of the upper six, I lived the longest in Connecticut, albeit part-time. From 1963 to 1997, our family had a wonderful A- frame cabin in the Candlewood in the town of Sherman. An unpretentious hamlet in Fairfield County, Sherman was one of my greatest love affairs.

It is hard for me to fathom no less accept that Senator Lieberman got re-elected on an Independent ticket and now has virtually disgraced himself this last election.

From the deck of that A-frame house all I could see was water, mountains, an occasional flock of birds and the open sky. Not a whiff of politics. And certainly not the smell of a traitor.

And this just in from BraveNet.


Image: Bob Englehart

No comments: