Pages

26.11.08

There are planners and then there are planners

I was eager to receive a Quo Vadis planner to review. Unfortunately, it appears my communication with the marketing department did not reap the end result I was looking for and instead of a Planner 21 I received a Notor today.

The Journal 21 is

Day-per-page diary

* 12 months daily, January to December
* 15 months monthly, October to December
* 8 AM to 9 PM schedule
* Full line per half-hour
* Blank space for daily notes
* 72g, acid-free paper
* Elegant round corners, tear-off corner opens to day in progress
* Lightly tinted vellum paper
* Annual planning calendars for 2009 and 2010
* Current and following month calendars
* Sewn binding, lays flat when open
* Bound in address book
* Refillable

while the Notor is
* Each page divided into schedule and large area for notes and day's priority
* 12 months, January to December
* 8 AM to 7 PM schedule
* Monthly tab
* 64g, acid-free paper
* Tear-off corner opens to day in progress
* Sewn binding, lays flat when open
* Bound in address book
* Refillable

One of the immediate differences is paper weight. It is less likely that a 64g paper will take to fountain pens as well as a 72g, especially as it has been my experience that any paper with a weight of less than 80-90g is not fountain pen friendly.

Another major difference between the two is size. The Notor is 4-3/4 x 6-3/4 (12x17 cm) and the Journal 21 is 5-1/4 x 8-1/4 (13x21cm). As it was my intention to not just review this planner but use it, I had it in mind as a desk planner.

I was hoping this planner would be a better choice than my current Exacompta Gulliver that I bought at Pear Tree Inks.

I am disappointed and I haven't even taken the planner out of its wrapper.

No comments:

Post a Comment