Pages

27.6.09

Book Reviews


Some interesting titles, good, bad and wordy reviews:

Anita Brookner's books have always intrigued me, and she appears to have a new book out, entitled, "Strangers", reviewed here.

"The Angel's Game", by Carlos Ruiz Zafon at the WP. Zafon is the author of "The Shadow of the Wind," among my 2006 best reads. NYT reviews it here.

"Three Cups of Tea", written by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin, long on the best seller list, appears to have been reprinted by Penguin; discussed here.

"Enchanted Hunters, The Power of Stories in Childhood", by Maria Tatar, sounds like an excellent read for parents, students of literature and me.



2 comments:

  1. LOVED The Shadow of the Wind. Have you read The Angel's Game yet?? Good??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read it yet but it is at the top of the heap.

    If you read before me, let me know what you think.

    Happy 4th, Seth.

    ReplyDelete