Pages

22.6.09

Peyton Place meets Charlie's Angels


I think I caught up with Peyton Place in the early 70s on Dutch television, years behind the US scheduling, and I believe I saw Love Story, so I am no stranger to Ryan O'Neal but I was taken aback to see Ryan O'Neal play Temperance "Bones" Brennen's father in the police procedural drama in reruns.

But then it hit me: The "Bones" character is the age of my children.

Time flies even when it isn't all fun.

I don't believe I saw much or any of the Charlie's Angels, but Farrah Fawcett was a cult ikon in the 70s, and hard to miss.

Now it appears after a romance of nearly 30 years, both ill or recovering, O'Neal and Fawcett are tying the marriage knot.

Good on them! Congratulations!

And good on those of us in our 60s!

Update: Ms. Fawcett passed away on 25 June, reported as breaking news.

No comments:

Post a Comment