Pages

6.11.08

The Faces of HIV and AIDS

I just can't help myself.

It's been less than 3 years since I worked with folks infected and/or affected by HIV and AIDS, and although I have learned to distance myself and still grieve, I always read articles about the progress being made, new research avenues for a vaccine, health models and that magic word that is too often ignored: prevention.

In this piece, I know two (actually three) of those speaking and feel blessed and relieved to read that they are prospering.

Here is the face of Michelle Lopez.

It was 1993 I believe when Michelle and I met at an AIDS, Medicine and Miracles retreat outside of Phoenicia, New York and she and a handful of other friends within the community have given me the possibility for hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment