Pages

16.1.09

Card of the Day: Temperance

Tom Tadfor Little explores the historical tarot and sheds some interesting light on Temperance's wings. As these days I am using the Golden Tarot by Kat Black for my card of the day, alternating it with Arnell Ando's Transformational Tarot, it is evident Kat used the symbolism often associated with several of the Italian, and the Tarot of Marseilles. Arnell on the other hand renames the card, Alchemy, and stresses harmony and balance more strongly in both her image and interpretation(s).

My own interpretation for Temperance, while also balance, contains neither wings nor a name change, but rather interpreted the card as acceptance and moderation.
It might be more literal than figurative. Also I may have been influenced by the immersion into two concomitant movements I was studying at the time.








Image 1: Wheel of Change Tarot ©

Image 2: AJ Tarot, S. Z. Hecht ©

No comments:

Post a Comment