Pages

4.1.09

An attempt at inspiration

One of my friends, down Texas, would often say, "get some inspiration by looking at other people's work," and so I decided that whilst buying some books for the Grands and other children I love, to buy LK's book on art journals.

I have several others, but LK, the founder of the original AJ list, is a rather unique creator and perhaps something will ignite my senses sufficiently to pull out one of dozens of journals I've started and have not completed.

I also believe the book includes some work from other journal artists I know, and in particular, Juliana Coles, with whom I took a class in Tempe.

Coles splashes, dashes and creates spontaneously, and her style is among the most freeing for those of us that ponder too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment