Pages

2.4.09

Books: Book of Clouds

Photo via Time (Getty) Photographer Ralph Crane ©


Book of Clouds, Chloe Aridjis' first novel is praised in this New York Times Review and also received flattering reviews at Amazon.

Of course, a novel set in Berlin, written in the narrative voice of a young, female Jewish emigre immediately appeals to me and so it goes on my must read list.

As books go I am looking forward to her descriptions of Berlin (a city I've never visited) and the contrast that might be divulged with Mexico (a country I've been and remember with nostalgia).

What I am curious about is the books ending--as antisemitism is on the rise, again, in Western Europe and in those few European newspapers I continue to read, a week doesn't go by when an assault isn't reported.

No comments:

Post a Comment