Pages

6.4.09

Gifted a Grid Moleskine

In the years I've used Moleskines, I've fundamentally stuck with sketchbooks, although I did buy an address book and diary when I was in Italy, both of which got buried and never used.

So when I was gifted a Moleskine grid reporter, 5-1/4 x 8-1/4 in March, I knew I finally had the opportunity to test the paper.


Front page

I opened it up and found the 1st page glued to the front page.

Second page

Then I flipped to the second page only to discover the binding is broken.


Then I go to the third page and start writing with my Sailor Sapporo, with a music nib), and Pilot Iroshizuku Momiji ink. It is obvious that this paper is only going to permit the use of one side of each page.


As an after thought, I get out my Sailor calligraphers, both with variant nib functionality, and guess what: no feathering, no bleed through, just a well behaved notebook.

What to think?

2 comments:

  1. That is strange that there was bleed-through on everything you tested until you got out your Sailor Calligraphy pens. I don't even know wht a music nib is. I'm new to fountain/calligraphy pens. I have penciled in my calendar to go to the next scheduled Pen Show in my town and hope to test flexible nibs, italic and others. I just have a dozen very humble pens, well, one exception - a Parker 51. That's the pen that got me into this. Okay, I've bent your ear long enough. Thank you for your interesting and informative posts. ---- Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. The music nib (is probably a little like an italic) is on the wide side, and might be wetter than some of the other pens I have.

    These calligraphy pens give the user more control and I think I wrote on the narrower side.

    I've never been to a pen show--I bet they are fun and educational.

    ReplyDelete