Pages

24.9.08

Whilst once a Novice

I've always been fascinated with the old, the antique, the shabby, the decayed, and the collectible. For some years I ran a small antique shop with three friends, and we sold the small, the beautiful, the antiquated and the expensive.

I never set out to collect vintage fountain pens, and now after decades of collecting, I have only two pens that can be described as collectible: one is a Sheaffer Vac-Fill in beautiful condition, and the other an A.A. Waterman.

Yet, when a fellow FPn member offered Paul Erano's book for sale, I jumped at the chance to purchase it.

I am looking forward to its arrival so that I can continue to learn about the history of fountain pens.

I also check in frequently with Lion and Pen's forum to see what they are talking about and I have learned more about fountain pens than I would have imagined when I started this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment