Pages

2.12.08

Chemistry?

I receive a large number of promotional paper from the environmental folks asking for funds. While watching the telly or between wall painting, I doodle.

Tonight I had some promotional paper from a "save the ocean" group and had two Lamy Safari's on my bus table.

One with a very sweet "B" nib inked with Noodler's X-feather, and the other an "M" nib, somewhat nicer than one would expect that I got in Italy, inked with Diamine Indigo.

Surprise!

The narrower nib is responding on this inexpensive (probably less than 50g) paper like a much wider nib, and possibly wider than the traditional B with Noodler's X-feather.

What does this say?

And, I might have to redo some sample tests on heavier paper but if I recall correctly from my X-feather tests, most of the nibs were true.

Thinking!

I might be able to post pictures during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment